Registered Nurse (1.0 FTE) Maternity Leave
Delhi Geriatric Primary Health Care Program
The Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) is a community based not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing quality, patient-centered health care for individuals and families residing in Delhi and surrounding communities.
A variety of health care services and providers are available through the Centre. Housed within the Centre, the Delhi Family Health Team (FHT) provides access to family physicians, a nurse practitioner, registered nurses, social worker, mental health workers and pharmacist. A community Walk-In Clinic is offered and, also available, are additional family physicians and specialists who provide care via their private practices.
Supporting individuals who are accessing their primary healthcare through the Centre, in addition to supporting the broader community, a pharmacy, community lab and ultrasound services are available on site, as are a variety of other community services intended to enhance the overall health and wellness of men, women, children and families.
An immediate need exists for one Registered Nurse (RN) to cover a one-year maternity leave in the Delhi Geriatric Primary Health Care Program, led by Dr. Anna Trzcieniecka.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will practice within her/his full scope of practice as outlined in the Standards of Practice by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use knowledge, skill and judgment to triage incoming patient calls, assess patient’s health needs, discuss test results and respond to questions pertaining to health promotion and disease prevention
- Provide episodic care, under medical directives
- Support various patient programs
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation
- Actively participate in program planning, quality improvement projects and other team and staff meetings
- Current unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with chronic disease management and patient self-care strategies
- Primary care experience
- Strong patient assessment and triage skills
- Experience working with geriatric patient population
- Experience with electronic medical records, preferred
Interested applicants are asked to forward a current resume and cover letter to Robin Mackie, Executive Director, at [email protected] by Friday, December 28, 2018 at 4:30pm.
The DCHC offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the DCHC regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) is committed to employment equity, diversity and a supportive environment. The Centre welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.