EXTERNAL POSTING – NURSE PRACTITIONER RN (EC) PART-TIME CONTRACT
The Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) is a community based not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing quality, patient-centered health care for individuals and families residing in Delhi and surrounding communities.
A variety of health care services and providers are available through the Centre. Housed within the Centre, the Delhi Family Health Team (FHT) provides access to family physicians, a nurse practitioner, registered nurses, social worker, mental health workers and pharmacist. A community Walk-In Clinic is offered and, also available, are additional family physicians and specialists who provide care via their private practices.
Supporting individuals who are accessing their primary healthcare through the Centre, in addition to supporting the broader community, a pharmacy, community lab and ultrasound services are available on site, as are a variety of other community services intended to enhance the overall health and wellness of men, women, children and families.
An immediate need exists on the Delhi Family Health Team, at its Port Rowan Medical Centre site, for one Part-time Nurse Practitioner RN (EC) (30 hours/week). This 30 hour/week contract would begin immediately and continue until approximately December 31, 2018. Opportunity for extension does exist.
The Nurse Practitioner RN (EC) with the Delhi Family Health Team, operating out of the Port Rowan Medical Centre, provides comprehensive assessment and treatment planning for patients in a team-based, rural setting.
Responsibilities: The Nurse Practitioner
- is responsible for providing primary healthcare services, for patients of all ages, including health assessments, immunizations, diagnosis, acute and ongoing care, treatment, chronic disease management and support and follow-up along with other associated duties and functions.
- reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Post-secondary education in nursing and advanced nursing practice
- Registered Nurse Extended Class (EC) with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Registered with the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario
- Strong clinical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current certification and maintenance of CPR for Health Care Providers
- Committed to Best Practice in patient-centered care
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- A positive and professional attitude
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task and effectively set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse and interdisciplinary team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience working as a member of an Interdisciplinary Health Professional team an asset
- Experience in and/or familiarity with rural medicine an asset
- Familiarity and comfort working within an EMR system an asset
- Fluency in Low German an asset
Interested applicants are asked to forward a current resume and cover letter to Bobby Jo Smith, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 31st, 2018 at 4:30pm.
The Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) is committed to employment equity, diversity and a supportive environment. The Centre welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
The DCHC offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the DCHC regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.