EXTERNAL POSTING – CASUAL REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (RPN)
The Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) is a community based not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing quality, patient-centered health care for individuals and families residing in Delhi and surrounding communities.
A variety of health care services and providers are available through the Centre. Housed within the Centre, the Delhi Family Health Team (FHT) provides access to family physicians, a nurse practitioner, registered nurses, social worker, mental health workers and pharmacist. A community Walk-In Clinic is offered and, also available, are additional family physicians and specialists who provide care via their private practices.
Supporting individuals who are accessing their primary healthcare through the Centre, in addition to supporting the broader community, a pharmacy, community lab and ultrasound services are available on site, as are a variety of other community services intended to enhance the overall health and wellness of men, women, children and families.
An immediate need exists for one Casual Registered Practical Nurse (RPN). The number of hours available fluctuates from month-to-month.
Supporting the on-site family physicians, the RPN provides patient care by conducting patient assessments, administering treatment and medications, performing diagnostic tests and arranging patient follow-up. The RPN records medical history and symptoms, completing documentation in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The RPN further coordinates patient care, acting as a liaison with other organizations and provides patient education before and after procedures. The RPN utilizes medical equipment and devices and has responsibilities, as authorized, related to prescription renewals.
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures. Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Documents data and assessments in the patient record (Electronic Medical Record) to ensure standard documentation, coding, and completion.
- Assists providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures and follow-up care.
- Executes medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate for the setting and within parameters of competency.
- Conducts patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Engages in medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance and education.
- Renews prescriptions as authorized by the attending Physician.
- Triages calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consultations and testing, insurance pre-certification and documentation.
- Operates medical equipment (e.g., autoclave, ultrasonic, blood pressure monitor, AC machine, etc.)
- Current registration and in good standing with the RNAO/RPNAO
- Ensures regulatory compliance with RNAO/RPNAO and CNO
- Current certification and maintenance of CPR for Health Care Providers
- Committed to Best Practice in patient-centered care
- Experience working as a member of an Interdisciplinary Health Professional team
- Experience in and/or familiarity with rural medicine
- Familiarity and comfort working within an EMR system
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- A positive and professional attitude
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task and effectively set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse and interdisciplinary team
- Flexibility and adaptability
Interested applicants are asked to forward a current resume and cover letter to Bobby Jo Smith, Executive Director, at email@example.com by Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 at 4:30pm.
The Delhi Community Health Centre (DCHC) is committed to employment equity, diversity and a supportive environment. The Centre welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
The DCHC offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the DCHC regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.