Pediatric Mental Health Clinician
Position: Mental Health Clinician – Pediatrics
Hours of Work: Part time. Tuesday & Thursday 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Anticipated Start Date: November 1, 2017
General Overview: As an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, you will provide psychosocial assessment, psychosocial health education, crisis intervention, and advocacy on behalf of rostered and referred patients
- Experience and knowledge of strategies to support children and youth and their families
- Additional training and/or experience in cognitive behaviour therapy, addiction, dialectical behavioral therapy would be an asset
- knowledge of and ability to counsel regarding ADHD, ADD, Anxiety, Depression and other mental health disorders affecting the pediatric population
- flexibility to function within the unique nature of a primary medical care office setting
- Advocacy, risk assessment, counseling and management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of available community resources
- Knowledge of PHIPA and mental health legislation, child protection legislation
- Advanced degree in social work, nursing or psychology with additional training in crisis management and suicide prevention.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in mental health services, preferably as a mental health case manager/child and youth counsellor
- Ability to work in a computerized environment
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively engage community services and individuals
- Member of a regulatory college ie. Ontario Association of Child and Youth Counsellors OR College of Nurses of Ontario OR Registered College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers OR Registered College of Psychotherapists of Ontario.
Please click the link for a complete job description.
Please submit all expressions of interest by email to email@example.com by Friday, October 13, 2017.